I am almost certain babies these days are much stronger than when we were born! Mum's & Dad's tell us often at their photoshoot how their newborn was lifting their head and looking around as soon as they were born! With a lot more to stimulate babies these days and more interaction from BOTH parents, there is so much opportunity for them to develop into amazing little humans! Here are a few things your baby MAY be doing at 3 of the big milestones.....
- Turns towards sounds and voices
- Imitates sounds, blows bubbles
- Rolls in both directions
- Reaches for objects and mouths them
- Sits without support
- Is ready for solids
- May lunge forward or start crawling
- May jabber or combine syllables
- May drag object towards themselves
- Imitates others' activities
- Jabbers wordlike sounds
- Indicates wants with gestures
- Says words like "mama" and "dada"
- Takes a few steps
- Understands and responds to simple instructions
- Scribbles with crayon
- Walks well
It's important to stress that not all babies and toddlers do things at the same time or at a consistent pace. We think it's magical that each child's development is unique and also teaches us as parents too!