Master Photographer - Katrina Christ
When you choose Katrina Christ Photographer you are choosing a Professional Photographer with 25+ years experience.
I completed my Associate Diploma in Applied Photography at Griffith University 1990-1994, working full-time at a Kodak Minilab / Imagery in Stones Corner and going to Uni four nights a week. I had finally decided after travelling the world for two years that this was my calling. I was completely absorbed in learning and knew instinctively that I would one day have my own studio!
I have won many National and International Awards and achieved my Master of Photography in 2011.
Why choose Katrina Christ?
My passion is people, I strive to ensure you have the best fun at your photo shoot, part of my aim is to create a space where you can really connect which each other and I make sure I capture that.
You can leave it completely up to me to direct you, its all about showing the love you have for each other!
This is why I am the expert in this area, a specialist in Family and Corporate Photography.
Katrina Christ - lover of people - genuine - champion of women - creator of memories.
A little about my story
I was your typical little bush kid who loved searching for stones, playing with the menagerie of farm animals, helping dad in the yard or mustering on the motor bikes. Thankfully I have married a wonderful cook as I was a bit of a tomboy and never really spent much time in the kitchen.
We spent our childhood on properties outside Tambo ,Mitchell and then Aramac.
We were primary School of The Air kids, and then started lots of long bus trips to boarding school at Downlands in Toowoomba.
When I finished high school in Toowoomba and not being entirely sure of what I wanted to do, I decided to travel and let it work itself out!
To cut a long story short, after an amazing two years of traveling through Europe and working as a nanny in London I returned to Australia for my brother’s wedding. After chatting with a careers adviser, I decided to apply to Queensland College of Art to study photography.
I spent the next four years rushing between full-time work and study, often until late in the night, but I had realsied my passion and would do anything to achieve this. In my final year of study I married my best friend Andy.
The next stage in my life was starting my business and having babies – at the same time! In 1996 Katrina Christ Photographer, was born!. The challenge of balance between starting a business and family was tricky, thank god for wonderful husbands.
In 2001 I decided to specialise in b/w family portraiture. All of my blood, sweat and tears paid off because the business took off.
We now have three gorgeous girls and two crazy dogs, and wonderful family and friends.
We are now 22 years on and still as passionate as ever about photographing families.
My challenge through all of this has been to maintain a healthy work life balance, which is why I work 4 days a week, try not to work weekends and evenings and play hockey to keep semi fit , and its a good laugh!
Thank you Thank you Thank you to all my gorgeous family and friends and a special thank you to my sensational team, love you lots!
- ACT for Kids The main charity Katrina supports.It is designed to help and support parents and children to becoming a happier and safer unit.
- Shen Therapies Dr Andrew Orr specialising in Fertility and chinese medicine.
- Life Fertility Dr Glenn Sterling a leading IVF Specialist
- Premier Dance amazing dance studio based at Milton and Ascot
- Art of Hanging Andrew and his team come to your home to hang all your artwork
- Greenslopes Private Hospital - dedicated to delivering the highest standard of care to mothers, newborns and the rest of the family.
- Greenslopes Obstetrics & Gynaecology - operating out of the Greenslopes Private Hospital,
- Frame Craft - our local professional framer Peter.
- Mater Mothers - providing high quality maternity services for women and families.
- Mini Nanny Agency - Find the perfect nanny for your family with Queensland's only personalised nanny service!